Votes
Benjamin O Dew
  • Columbus Ohio
Votes |
Looking for best house hacking strategies

Benjamin O Dew
  • Columbus Ohio
Posted Mar 29 2024, 18:26

First-time poster here on the BiggerPockets forum. Seeking advice from fellow investors regarding house hacking in Columbus. Just closed on a 3 bedroom, 3- bathroom SFH in Grove City for investment purposes. I'm employed with the Columbus Clippers and intend to utilize part of our housing stipend towards building equity in a property. Once the baseball season concludes in October, my wife and I plan to transition the house into a full-time rental property.

Initially, I aimed to leverage platforms like Airbnb during away series, but encountered restrictions due to the HOAs regulations, prohibiting rentals for less than 30 days. Despite our reluctance towards communities with HOAs, we found the property we genuinely liked and decided to take a chance. 

Now, our focus shifts towards house hacking, with the intention of renting out at least one of the rooms. However, I am uncertain about the best approach. How can I effectively rent out rooms for mid-term durations or even secure a 6 month lease? Additionally, I am unsure about the market rent for a room-by-room basis in Grove city. 

Appreciate any insights or guidance from the community on navigating this situation. 

Loading replies...