User Stats

Votes
Travis Main
Votes |
SC Listing Question

Travis Main
Posted May 1 2024, 12:49

Hey Everyone, 

I'm in need of help for a client who is working on exiting their first fix and flip in York, SC. They completed the project and now are working with their RE agent to get this property on the market. The listing agent is telling my client that they need to measure the property before they list it and said that the county property can not be used to determine the sqft of the property as it's notoriously wrong. This had my client confused but had agreed to this. The listing agent came back and said the property card is off by 300 sqft. My client immediately ordered an independent appraisal to be done on the property which came back with 1,350. The property card indicates 1,485 and has never been changed from the original state it was built in. Is this the normal in South Carolina, where the legal information of the property is so wrong that they can't go off the property card? 

I told my client if there is a discrepancy with the sqft of the house it would be caught through the appraisal the buyer would be ordering anyway. 

If there are any SC RE agents that can provide me with some clarity on this subject matter, it would be greatly appreciated. My client will also be needing a referral for her second flip that she is closing on next week. 

Thanks in advance. 

Loading replies...