Legal & Legislation

User Stats

Votes
Eric Edling
Votes |
Getting cut out of a flip deal.

Eric Edling
Posted Apr 18 2024, 05:17

About 3 months ago I came across some one in a tough situation. Long story short they were about to lose their home and I made a deal with them to buy it but it needed to be taken out of bankruptcy and gone thru probate. It was a complicated deal. I could have figured it out on my own but I had a childhood friend who worked in real estate and the deal I had made with the guy was insane. The house need 100-150k worth of rehab but I closed him at 215k once finished the house will be worth between 700-800k. Anyways, with there being so many moving parts and deadlines I didn’t want to take it on by myself and it was such a good sized deal I told my friend if he could navigate the courts I’d partner with him. Well his boss was impressed with my real estate and finance skills so I ended up working for their company well it turned out their company was wholesaling houses they didn’t really flip many homes. Anyways, my position got “paused”  and now I am being ignored about what the status of our flip is. Which gives me the impression they are going to try and screw me out of the deal. But this deal had nothing to do with their business. I closed the deal and have messages about the work I’ve done to get this deal done and to keep it together. I didn’t think someone that was like a little brother to me would try to screw me out of a no brainer huge deal but it’s starting to look that way. Do I have an legal recourse? Because I was told when my position was paused that we were still partners and nothing on the flip deal was changing. But I am being cut out of the loop. I do not want to come at this aggressively but before I make another attempt to contact him I’d like to find out a little more about any kind of leverage I have. He is the executor on the account and his real estate license is up on this and I have messages from him that would jeopardize his license but I don’t want to go that route if I don’t have to. His new business model is basically based on him helping people flip houses and he’ll help maximize their profits so if this got out that he screwed me out of the deal if made and brought to him it’s Ruin his credibility.

Loading replies...