Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Wesley Bryant
Votes |
Propwire compared to paid subsciptions

Wesley Bryant
Posted Apr 27 2024, 17:30

What are the main advantages of paid subscriptions like Propstream and Batchleads over free ones like Propwire. It seems like Propwire does the same thing but for free but am I missing something? TIA

User Stats

Votes
Shanequa J.
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Apr 28 2024, 05:20

Ive found the data to be inaccurate with all 3. I pulled a list of tax delinquent properties in my area. The majority of the list was wrong.

It could be accurate with other types of lists, but I didn't bother to check.

User Stats

Votes
Francisco Hernandez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Replied Apr 28 2024, 09:40
Quote from @Wesley Bryant:

What are the main advantages of paid subscriptions like Propstream and Batchleads over free ones like Propwire. It seems like Propwire does the same thing but for free but am I missing something? TIA

Bulk Data will always be outdated and inaccurate. Propwire makes money off the skip tracing. Not the data. You can gather propwire's free data and build a skip tracing tool (if you are good at coding) and get pretty decent "free" data. However now you have to spend time or money to figure out which one of those contacts actually wants to sell. 

The best data is not on those websites and it's not cheap. However, Batch, propstream and propwire are great places to learn the basics. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.