Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Tracey Bond
Votes |
Foreclosures and Auctions

Tracey Bond
Posted Apr 22 2024, 15:41

Looking for helpful information. I want to focus on helping people in the foreclosure or auction stage. Whether it's  keeping  their home or selling keeping as much equity as possible. I believe I can help and still get paid. However, the matter of liability has been brought to my attention. I was told told the way to avoid being sued is to be come a Real Estae Agent. I don't want to become an agent. Is there anything else I can do as a Wholesaler to minimize the possibility of being sued?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 22 2024, 16:45

@Tracey Bond

What service can you provide besides being an agent? You cannot market or sell a property legally without a realtor license

You cannot provide financial advice or foreclosure rescue options without certain credentials

How you define helping them, especially if they want to stay in their home

User Stats

Votes
Tracey Bond
Votes |
Replied Apr 22 2024, 17:11

Hi Chris, I'm sorry I didn't explain myself well. I am a Wholesaler my niche ( focus) is on people in foreclosure and auction. If there is a possibility to keep someone in their home I want to  help with that. If they need to sell I want to help with that. I want to know if there is something I could do to so I won't be sued if something doesn't go the owner's way if that makes sense. I also would welcome any advice as to where to get more training about foreclosures and auctions.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Tracey Bond
Votes |
Replied Apr 23 2024, 09:48

Hey Ken, 

Thank you for your reply. Can you elaborate as to why?