Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Jose Barrera
Votes |
Wholesaler looking For investors issues

Jose Barrera
Posted Mar 11 2024, 16:46

Hi, i'm a real estate wholesaler in the glen burnie area of Maryland what are good ways to network and build my contact list, websites, forums, social media groups I have no issues making connections and finding sellers for property but i feel like i dont have enough investors on hand. Any recommendations?

User Stats

Votes
Nader Shariff
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
  • Detroit, MI
Replied Mar 11 2024, 19:54

Join your local real estate investor Facebook groups. I would start there. Many of the groups on Facebook have a good amount of investors that are local to your marketplace. Perhaps, introduce yourself on there and then even attend some in person meetups. It should help build your network. 

User Stats

Votes
Savannah Yingling
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Chevy Chase, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Chevy Chase, MD
Replied Mar 12 2024, 10:20
Quote from @Nader Shariff:

Join your local real estate investor Facebook groups. I would start there. Many of the groups on Facebook have a good amount of investors that are local to your marketplace. Perhaps, introduce yourself on there and then even attend some in person meetups. It should help build your network. 

@Jose Barrera Agreed! Facebook and meetups are a great way to connect with people in the market. My team specializes with investors so if you ever have anything good in the DMV or Baltimore areas, please feel free to share those opportunities with me!

District Invest Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Mar 12 2024, 10:49

Hey @Jose Barrera

The best way I've found to build a solid investor list is by calling SOLD FLIPS in the area where you have a deal. I like approaching investors or realtors with a property in hand to provide value right away, and even if that one in particular doesn't work with them, they will most likely want to be kept in the loop for the next one.

Networking events are another great way of connecting with investors in your area. Don't promote properties at meetups because it's perceived as a desperate method. It's better to connect and build rapport and let them ask you for deals.

Reach out if you have any questions or need help selling a property. 

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Cassidy Burns
  • Investor
  • Washington, DC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Washington, DC
Replied Mar 14 2024, 09:33

We do meet ups in Washington DC (Breakfast) and Alexandria VA (evening) every month! Would love to have you attend.

BPG Residential Logo

User Stats

Votes
Ozzy Sirimsi
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Mar 16 2024, 13:49

For one, you can add me to your list, I work with many investors and I am an investor as well.

Second, you can join maryland investors network, baltimore investors network etc on facebook.

Also, attend local networking events like friday lunches at spiritis, millioner real estate event etc...

send me a dm if you have more questions.

User Stats

Votes
Ron Sidwell
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 17 2024, 07:42

There are several REI meet ups in the area. That would be a great way to get started. You can also reach out to me as I am an investor in the local area.

User Stats

Votes
Roy Green
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 17 2024, 14:21
Quote from @David Ramirez:

Hey @Jose Barrera

The best way I've found to build a solid investor list is by calling SOLD FLIPS in the area where you have a deal. I like approaching investors or realtors with a property in hand to provide value right away, and even if that one in particular doesn't work with them, they will most likely want to be kept in the loop for the next one.

Networking events are another great way of connecting with investors in your area. Don't promote properties at meetups because it's perceived as a desperate method. It's better to connect and build rapport and let them ask you for deals.

Good luck!

Hey @David Ramirez - That sounds like a great idea.  I'm new to Bigger Pockets... what is the best way to find SOLD FLIPS?

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Mar 18 2024, 07:06
Quote from @Roy Green:

Hey @Jose Barrera

Good luck!

Hey @David Ramirez - That sounds like a great idea.  I'm new to Bigger Pockets... what is the best way to find SOLD FLIPS?

Start by looking at properties sold within a mile of the property, and through the photos, description, and history, you can tell it's a flip.

User Stats

Votes
Roy Green
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 18 2024, 10:03

Hey @Jose Barrera

Good luck!

Got it.  Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Montross
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Crownsville, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Crownsville, MD
Replied Mar 19 2024, 09:58

Please feel free to DM me. I do most of my investing in the Glen Burnie area and most of my clients are looking for houses in the North Anne Arundel County area. 

User Stats

Votes
John O'Leary
  • Lender
  • Winter Park, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Winter Park, FL
Replied Mar 25 2024, 07:41

Find a local lender to partner with. They talk to investors daily, and can attach financing to the deal. 

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Amsalem
  • Investor
  • Alexandria, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Alexandria, VA
Replied Mar 25 2024, 08:19

@Jose Barrera I also cohost a meetup and we have a few people who I can think of that would be interested in hearing about your deals.

We have an upcoming meetup in Tysons on Wednesday, April 3rd. Check us out here

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/1174519-dmv-...