User Stats

Votes
Detrick Bell
Votes |
Looking to buy first rental property

Detrick Bell
Posted Mar 11 2024, 10:09

Hello BP community ,

I am based in Houston, buy and hold will be my investing strategy. Just starting out, looking to buy first rental property, looking at in and out of state at Markets.

Looking to target cash flowing properties. Looking to connect with likeminded individuals who can give me advice, share their experiences and the Do's and Don'ts. Thanks in advance for your help!

User Stats

Votes
John O'Leary#2 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Lender
  • Winter Park, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Winter Park, FL
Replied Mar 11 2024, 12:54

Hey Detrick!

Welcome to BP. I'd be happy to connect and talk X's and O's. 

User Stats

Votes
Taz Zettergren
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Mar 11 2024, 19:43

@Detrick Bell welcome to the forums and congrats on the first post! Are you looking for passive investments that are fully renovated or will you be adding value through renovations you are doing? Really depends on the route you are taking as to market I'd suggest. If you are getting your hands dirty I'd say stay local because your appreciation will be better long term but if you want the passive route there are several markets east of you and maybe north. Memphis, Little Rock, OKC or Tulsa would be great markets. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, would be happy to share my experience and two cents. Best of luck on the journey! 

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Carla Gordon
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Mar 12 2024, 04:52

Welcome Detrick! Sending you a connect request

User Stats

Votes
Detrick Bell
Votes |
Replied Mar 12 2024, 10:22
Quote from @Taz Zettergren:

@Detrick Bell welcome to the forums and congrats on the first post! Are you looking for passive investments that are fully renovated or will you be adding value through renovations you are doing? Really depends on the route you are taking as to market I'd suggest. If you are getting your hands dirty I'd say stay local because your appreciation will be better long term but if you want the passive route there are several markets east of you and maybe north. Memphis, Little Rock, OKC or Tulsa would be great markets. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, would be happy to share my experience and two cents. Best of luck on the journey! 

Thanks for the reply!! I’m looking for turn key properties that will provide cash flow. So it seems like more of the passive route you’ve mentioned, would love to connect with you and pick your brain!

User Stats

Votes
Detrick Bell
Votes |
Replied Mar 12 2024, 10:22
Quote from @Carla Gordon:

Welcome Detrick! Sending you a connect request

Thanks for the reply! Looking to connect with you soon!!

User Stats

Votes
Detrick Bell
Votes |
Replied Mar 12 2024, 10:23
Quote from @John O'Leary:

Hey Detrick!

Welcome to BP. I'd be happy to connect and talk X's and O's. 

Thank you for the welcome! Yes! I’m looking to connect as well and pick your brain!

User Stats

Votes
Savannah Yingling
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Chevy Chase, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Chevy Chase, MD
Replied Mar 12 2024, 10:31
Quote from @Detrick Bell:

Hello BP community ,

I am based in Houston, buy and hold will be my investing strategy. Just starting out, looking to buy first rental property, looking at in and out of state at Markets.

Looking to target cash flowing properties. Looking to connect with likeminded individuals who can give me advice, share their experiences and the Do's and Don'ts. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Detrick! Maryland, DC, and Virginia are also good markets to consider if you're interested in the East coast. @Russell Brazil is full of knowledge in these areas!

District Invest Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 12 2024, 14:10

Hi @Detrick Bell

Welcome and congrats on making the decision to get rolling. I'm a local central Houston agent, investor and developer. My main focus right now is build to rent multi family houses in central Houston. It's harder to find turn key stuff that makes sense with these higher interest rates so I started to build my own. 

I happy to show you some of the projects we are working on and answer any questions. -Chris 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Mar 12 2024, 18:39
Quote from @Chris Kersey:

Hi @Detrick Bell

Welcome and congrats on making the decision to get rolling. I'm a local central Houston agent, investor and developer. My main focus right now is build to rent multi family houses in central Houston. It's harder to find turn key stuff that makes sense with these higher interest rates so I started to build my own. 

I happy to show you some of the projects we are working on and answer any questions. -Chris 

when you say build to rent multifamily house what does that mean 

User Stats

Votes
Nadeem Alamgir
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Mar 12 2024, 20:56

Hey Detrick, the mid-market is a pretty hot and affordable. Check out Zillow hottest housing market of 2024: https://www.axios.com/2024/01/10/zillow-ranking-hottest-real...

Cleveland is a great market to focus on for cash flow. It is landlord-friendly, and specific pockets have gone upwards of 2-4x in the last 5-10 years.

Reafco  Logo