• New York City, NY
Votes |
Buffalo house hack

Gloria Wong
  • New to Real Estate
  • New York City, NY
Posted Mar 9 2024, 21:36

Hi BP Forum

I’m currently looking for houses with finished basement in order to house hack. Any data on how well house hack in Buffalo area is? Do most renter prefer apartments renting or house renting?

I currently have the down payment and had it pre-approve! If any BP forum has recommendations for inspectors and lawyer that would be great! 

Thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Kiernan LaFaver
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Mar 9 2024, 22:15

Are you adamant about having a property with a finished basement? Have you considered multi family housing at all? Cash flow would likely be a little higher and more marketable for a multi if prospective tenants feel like they have somewhere that’s their own, instead of just living in a room in someone else’s home. I’m in the Syracuse area and I honestly think that I’m seeing house style properties move a little quicker in the rental area than the traditional apartment style

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Irish-Jones
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buffalo, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Buffalo, NY
Replied Mar 11 2024, 06:00
Quote from @Gloria Wong:

Hi BP Forum

I’m currently looking for houses with finished basement in order to house hack. Any data on how well house hack in Buffalo area is? Do most renter prefer apartments renting or house renting?

I currently have the down payment and had it pre-approve! If any BP forum has recommendations for inspectors and lawyer that would be great! 

Thanks! 

What is the purpose of the finished basement?  Most renters prefer to rent a single family home, but most investors prefer a multifamily from a returns stand point.

You should probably consider a multifamily if you plan to house hack.  There are a few that come to mind.  House hacking is a great strategy. 

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401329866)

Irish Jones Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes