• Real Estate Agent
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Votes |
What are your agent pet peeves?

Keona Hunt
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Virginia Beach, VA
Posted Apr 30 2024, 10:12

This is a question for the investors. What are your biggest pet peeves about working with an agent? And characteristics or traits do you think an “investor-friendly agent” should possess? 

I am pursuing the investor niche myself and I’m curious on what things are like from your point of view

And maybe I can pick up some tips ;)

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied May 1 2024, 06:55
Quote from @Keona Hunt:

This is a question for the investors. What are your biggest pet peeves about working with an agent? And characteristics or traits do you think an “investor-friendly agent” should possess? 

I am pursuing the investor niche myself and I’m curious on what things are like from your point of view

And maybe I can pick up some tips ;)

Hello Keona and welcome to the BP forums!

This is a great niche to pursue. 

Characteristics of an investor-friendly agent:

- Experience: Owns/has owned investment property. Track record of helping investors.

- Network: Has valuable contacts within and around the industry. Including, but not limited to, contractors, lenders, wholesalers, potential sellers, potential buyers, attorneys, title company, inspectors (all types!), city/state/federal rental program contacts, handymen, insurance reps, other brokers/agents, and more

- Market knowledge: Familiarity with areas of service. Ability to analyze deals. 

- Negotiation skills: Interpersonal communication skills. Ability to put deals together AND put them BACK together if/when they seem they'll fall apart. 

Curious to hear from other BP members about the pet peeves haha!

All the best to you on your journey to becoming an investor-friendly agent in VA!

Abel

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401295960)

REbuild Team - eXp Realty Logo