• Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Advice for Starting Land Development

David Delmar
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Mar 25 2024, 18:36

Hi all! I’m a real estate attorney who has helped clients with large master planned developments (single family, multi family, commercial). Although I do not necessarily want to do large developments, I am keen on the idea of buying acreage (maybe 10-50) and building single family homes in higher demand areas. I have the skill set and experience so it makes sense to me

Has anyone done this/can anyone offer advice about how to get started?

Lacking access to the financing to buy and build on large acreage, my thinking was to start small with a couple acres and build one or two homes, get some experience working with a lender that I can hopefully parlay into a bigger development the next time, and so on …

Would love any advice/thoughts on this! Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Clayton Silva
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Replied Mar 25 2024, 22:52

Hey David! We have some cool products for people that want to finance construction and own the land (or if they want to purchase the land and develop).  Lot of different financing options depending on what you're trying to build! Would be more than happy to connect and either help myself or try to point you in the right direction!  I have helped a few different clients build homes and then sell them or build to rent/keep them and it can be a really fun and exciting process if done correctly!

Atlas Mortgage Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
David Delmar
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Mar 26 2024, 05:17
Quote from @Clayton Silva:

Hey David! We have some cool products for people that want to finance construction and own the land (or if they want to purchase the land and develop).  Lot of different financing options depending on what you're trying to build! Would be more than happy to connect and either help myself or try to point you in the right direction!  I have helped a few different clients build homes and then sell them or build to rent/keep them and it can be a really fun and exciting process if done correctly!

Clayton,

I’d love to connect and talk through options, If you have a few minutes sometime this week? thanks for your response!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Clayton Silva
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • California
Replied Mar 26 2024, 12:25
Quote from @David Delmar:
Quote from @Clayton Silva:

Clayton,

I’d love to connect and talk through options, If you have a few minutes sometime this week? thanks for your response!

Yeah check your DMs!

Atlas Mortgage Group Logo