Skip to content
Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
Michael J.
  • Burlington, NJ
Votes |
Is mobile home wholesaling the new frontier for beginner investors?

Michael J.
  • Burlington, NJ
Posted Apr 23 2024, 05:46

Understood Facts: As demand for affordable housing grows, mobile homes present an attractive entry point due to lower initial investment and high potential returns. With quicker transactions and less market saturation than traditional real estate, this niche offers unique growth opportunities. Creative financing options such as seller financing can also attract more buyers.

Question 1:
 Should I, as new investor, consider diving into mobile home wholesaling for a promising start in real estate?

Question 2: How do go about closing deals once I find them?  

Question 3: Do I need to know 100% of everything or 75% and figure things out as I work the deal? My fear is failure.

User Stats

Votes
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Apr 26 2024, 16:40

@Michael J. As in any area of real estate investing, it's best to pick a niche and learn it. From there, it's just a matter of learning the market and picking an exit strategy that works for you. 

In the beginning, I started out as a bird dog and then wholesaler finding deals for other investors in the single-family home space. Once I built up enough cash, then I became a buy and hold landlord of single-family homes. 

From there, I sold my entire portfolio of single-family homes and got into mobile home investing. I started out buying and holding and have expanded to wholesaling mobile homes. 

When it comes down to it, it's just a matter of finding something that works for you and sticking with it. With each deal you do, you get experience and knowledge which takes time. 

Hope that helps!