Neetu Patil
Pro Member
Votes |
About home insurance for rental property

Neetu Patil
Pro Member
Posted May 3 2024, 19:20

Hi,

When I bought a home I purchased home insurance from Stillwater insurance company. After purchasing done they did inspection without letting us as we were not there they did not able to check backside of house because fence is locked. And there were few shingles was missing.as per this condition they cancelled my insurance policy. But unknowingly we did repair of roof like replace missing shingles.and have insurance for this roof shingles separately. And now because of they cancelled my insurance policy all insurance companies are saying they will not provide insurance for my home.

please advise me how to handle this situation.

Thanks 

Neetu

User Stats

Votes
Stuart Udis
Pro Member
#4 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Philadelphia
Replied May 4 2024, 05:15

It's important to utilize an insurance broker who points you in the direction of quality carriers not just the least expensive. Good carriers will provide a letter recommending repairs that are necessary within a specific timeframe to avoid cancellation of the policy. I am not familiar with the carrier you utilized but either you missed the recommendation letter or you didn't receive good counseling on which carrier to utilize. 

User Stats

Votes
Neetu Patil
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied May 4 2024, 16:03
Thank you for your reply
Quote from @Stuart Udis:

It's important to utilize an insurance broker who points you in the direction of quality carriers not just the least expensive. Good carriers will provide a letter recommending repairs that are necessary within a specific timeframe to avoid cancellation of the policy. I am not familiar with the carrier you utilized but either you missed the recommendation letter or you didn't receive good counseling on which carrier to utilize. 

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.