Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Michael Chavis
Votes |
Lunch with a mentee investor

Michael Chavis
Posted May 2 2024, 08:56

I have been studying my market since 2018 and that's just it, I haven't taken any action and just keep collecting knowledge. I have finally set it in my mind and saved up enough money to rehab a older house given to me and my father by my grandfather when he passed. I have ideas of how to meet my goals and step my foot through the door of RE Investing but with my lack of experience I would be very grateful if there is anyone in my area (Lake Wylie, SC/ Charlotte, NC) with more experience and willing to sit down for 10-30 minutes with me and help me get over the fear factor of taking that first step, and help me feel comfortable to be able to take action and start the journey. I would be more than willing to offer Lunch for your help and be forever grateful for someone to give me the kick in the butt I desperately desire. 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Chavis
Votes |
Replied May 2 2024, 14:52

I appreciate your honesty! However, I have an actionable plan set into place now, with the monetary means to set my plan into action. I am just reaching out to see if someone more experienced would be willing to give me advice about if they think my plan is the best course of action for me and/or what they would do in my situation as for next steps after it has been implemented. I am looking for someone with good systems and processes they use in their success than I can try and implement into my future business plan and one day be able to return the favor. 

User Stats

Votes
Wyatt Wolff
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied May 3 2024, 09:42

@Michael Chavis I would be willing to jump on a zoom, or meet for lunch. I am generally in the city a few days a week 

The One Brokerage Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 3 2024, 11:33

@Michael Chavis

As a novice investor venturing into the real estate realm, immersing yourself in a community of like-minded individuals is paramount. Joining your local real estate investors association (REIA) offers an excellent avenue for such networking. In my experience, the NCREIA stands out as one of the premier REIAs, providing a wealth of invaluable information tailored to your specific market. Engaging with seasoned professionals in your local community allows you to glean firsthand experiential knowledge, offering insights and lessons that may be unique to your area. Learning from those who have navigated similar paths before you can be immensely beneficial as you embark on your investment journey.

I happen to be a member of the NCREIA myself. Should you have any questions about joining or wish to attend a meeting to gauge its suitability for your interests, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to assist you in any way I can.

User Stats

Votes
Colleen Goldstein
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Matthews, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Matthews, NC
Replied May 3 2024, 20:02

@Michael Chavis Would be happy to connect I've been investing for over 10 years doing complete rehabs, long term, short term, etc. I'm located in Matthews. PM me.