First-Time Home Buyer

User Stats

Votes
Seth Baumgartner
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Florida State, FL
Votes |
Buying in Pine Hills for House Hacking - Opinions?

Seth Baumgartner
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Florida State, FL
Posted Mar 28 2024, 05:12

Hello everyone!

I'm currently exploring the possibility of buying my first home in the Pine Hills area of Orlando, with the intention of house hacking. The idea is to create a welcoming, affordable living space primarily for local college students.

As someone new to this journey, I would deeply appreciate any insights, opinions, or experiences you could share about living in or around Pine Hills. Here are some specific questions I have, but any additional information is welcome:

Safety and Community Feel: How do locals view the safety and overall community vibe in Pine Hills? Are there particular parts of the neighborhood that are recommended?

Amenities and Transportation: What can you tell me about the local amenities, such as shops, parks, or public transportation options? How convenient is it for students or young professionals?

Local College and Student Demand: Considering the proximity to local colleges, have you noticed a high demand for student housing? Are there any insights into what students might be looking for in terms of housing?

House Hacking Experience: Does anyone have experience with or advice about house hacking in this area? Any pitfalls to avoid or tips for making it a success?

I'm aiming to make a well-informed decision that not only benefits me as an investor but also contributes positively to the community and provides value to local students. Your feedback will be incredibly valuable to me, and I'm eager to hear all sides, positive or negative.

Thank you so much for your time and help!

User Stats

Votes
Adrian Lammersdorf-Scioll
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Florida
Replied Mar 30 2024, 10:06

I don't know many people that invest around there (only one guy that does really good with flips).  I would highly recommend driving around there at night.  That usually gives you the best idea of it's a place you, and any tenants would want to be.  Most college students live around the UCF area from what I know, and have seen.

User Stats

Votes
Robert B.
Pro Member
  • Orlando FL/Allentown, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Orlando FL/Allentown, PA
Replied Mar 30 2024, 12:18

Crime Hills? Pass for me, dawg…

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes