User Stats

Votes
Matt Hubert
Votes |
Out of State OKC Investors

Matt Hubert
Posted Apr 21 2024, 14:08

Hi

We are under contract for our first OKC BRRRR! We are working with an agent who has provided us some of his connections and is very helpful. I am hoping to find another out of state investor who would be willing to chat about ways to be successful managing the rehab and the general chaos. The nerves of the first major rehab are kicking in!!!

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Apr 22 2024, 09:25

Hey Matt, congrats on your first BRRRR!

While I do not invest personally in OKC I work with a lot of folks who do. Happy to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Rhett Tullis
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Apr 23 2024, 18:51

having a trustworthy contractor is key.  if you don't have that relationship you need to get on site as often as possible to ensure things are going well or hire a local property manager to oversee things for you and then rent it out for you.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brendan Harrison
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Apr 24 2024, 10:47

Congratulations! The first one is always the one that teaches you the most. My biggest piece of advice would be to stay on top of your contractors. Show up unexpectedly and let them earn your trust don't just give it out right away. Good luck to you!

User Stats

Votes
David Navas Rocha
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Apr 30 2024, 12:05

Congrats Matt! That's great to hear.

I would say one of the best things to do is find a local contact who you trust. Someone that would be willing to drop-in on the project from time to time and give you honest feedback on what's going on. Your agent might be great but I would suggest a third-party. Could be some type of project manager or general contractor if you plan on having more properties there in the future. 

Good luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Matt Hubert
Votes |
Replied Apr 30 2024, 19:23

Thank you all for the responses and feedback.

User Stats

Votes
Stephen Blake
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied May 3 2024, 09:21
Quote from @Matt Hubert:

Hi

We are under contract for our first OKC BRRRR! We are working with an agent who has provided us some of his connections and is very helpful. I am hoping to find another out of state investor who would be willing to chat about ways to be successful managing the rehab and the general chaos. The nerves of the first major rehab are kicking in!!!

All good pieces of advice from others here. I like going to projects at random times to check as well. Do scheduled and unscheduled inspections.

Good referrals works well. For us, since we manage quite a few rentals. I'll have them do a few small jobs as a "trial" period, before unleashing them on a bigger project.

Good luck and if we could be of any help let me know!