• Chicago, IL
Votes |
General Contractors in Charlotte, Lake Norman area

Sean Winchell
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Mar 3 2024, 13:42

Hey BP family,

I am looking to connect with some general contractors in the Charlotte and north of Charlotte area, specifically by Lake Norman. If anyone has any recommendations that would be amazing. I am looking to do some conversions from SFH to duplex on a couple properties and build relationships for future BRRRR opportunities!

---Sean

User Stats

Votes
Tony Pellettieri
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NC / SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NC / SC
Replied Mar 8 2024, 00:06

Hey Sean,

As I'm sure you've gathered, a Rockstar GC can be one of the most valuable, and equally, one of the most difficult members of your team to find when you're getting started. We practice the BRRRR model of investing and are operating just south of Charlotte in SC.

A great place to network and possibly find a good contractor may be local REIA meetups. There's a good one I used to attend Tuesday Mornings 8AM in Matthews at Jonathans Restaurant. There are quite a few investors who attend that meeting and usually a few contractors.

If you need any other referrals for your team let me know. the people on our team are great at what they do.

User Stats

Votes
Sean Winchell
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Mar 9 2024, 17:34
Quote from @Tony Pellettieri:

Hey Sean,

As I'm sure you've gathered, a Rockstar GC can be one of the most valuable, and equally, one of the most difficult members of your team to find when you're getting started. We practice the BRRRR model of investing and are operating just south of Charlotte in SC.

A great place to network and possibly find a good contractor may be local REIA meetups. There's a good one I used to attend Tuesday Mornings 8AM in Matthews at Jonathans Restaurant. There are quite a few investors who attend that meeting and usually a few contractors.

If you need any other referrals for your team let me know. the people on our team are great at what they do.

Thanks Tony! Ill check it out. Appreciate the tip. Would love to connect in the future. I am just starting out in the Charlotte area, let me know if there is something I should know that I dont know, because I know I dont know much, you know?

Sean

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tony Pellettieri
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NC / SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NC / SC
Replied Mar 10 2024, 03:42
Quote from @Sean Winchell:

Hey Sean,

Thanks Tony! Ill check it out. Appreciate the tip. Would love to connect in the future. I am just starting out in the Charlotte area, let me know if there is something I should know that I dont know, because I know I dont know much, you know?

Sean

Hopefully you're on Audible. If you're not currently listening to books educating yourself, I'd start today.

A few I'd highly recommend...

Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat - The BRRRR Rental Property Investment Strategy Made Simple

FLIP - How to Find, Fix, and Sell Houses for Profit

The Book on Flipping Houses How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties

This book is not currently available on Audible but a must read

The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs - J Scott

User Stats

Votes
Ali Radoncic
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Mar 11 2024, 07:47

Hey Sean,

Sean

Hopefully you're on Audible. If you're not currently listening to books educating yourself, I'd start today.

A few I'd highly recommend...

Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat - The BRRRR Rental Property Investment Strategy Made Simple

FLIP - How to Find, Fix, and Sell Houses for Profit

The Book on Flipping Houses How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties

This book is not currently available on Audible but a must read

The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs - J Scott

Awesome books!

New Western Logo

User Stats

Votes
Andy Edgemon
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 24 2024, 03:05

Converting to duplex can be a huge task. Check zoning first before you go all in.  
couple of contractors to consider. 
- Daly Construction Company LLC

- Acitelli Entities

User Stats

Votes
Wyatt Wolff
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Apr 24 2024, 09:36

You could try Samara Huntley, shes here on BP 

The One Brokerage Logo

User Stats

Votes
Erick Hunt
  • Contractor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Apr 29 2024, 21:04

Hey BP family,

I am looking to connect with some general contractors in the Charlotte and north of Charlotte area, specifically by Lake Norman. If anyone has any recommendations that would be amazing. I am looking to do some conversions from SFH to duplex on a couple properties and build relationships for future BRRRR opportunities!

@Sean Winchell, I am a licensed NC General Contractor. Feel free to reach out if you still need assistance.

User Stats

Votes
David Vaughn
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • shelby
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • shelby
Replied May 4 2024, 09:58

Hi Sean. Im David, a gc and fellow investor in Shelby NC. I would be willing to look. Its a little far for me but nit to far out of our radius