Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Renee Lois
Votes |
Looking for land to invest in STR Wisconsin Dells/Adams-Friendship/Lyndon Station

Renee Lois
Posted Apr 24 2024, 08:13

Hi, I'm new here but my husband has been talking about this site for years (he just recently became a realtor). We've been looking for land to build an STR cabin on the are Wisconsin Dells/Adams-Friendship/Lyndon Station areas. I'm reading all of the ordinances for each of these Counties/areas but the restrictions are confusing. Wondering if anyone has knowledge about this area? Thanks so much!

User Stats

Votes
Heidi Brehmer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Replied Apr 25 2024, 16:37

Hi Renee,

I manage and own several STR's in Adams County. Yes, it is very confusing from township to township. My advice is to stay out of Wisconsin Dells proper. They are cracking down on STRS. I would look to go north along Castle Rock Lake or even up around Petenwell. I do have a small lot with deeded access to Sherwood Lake that is prime for building and STRs are allowed. Mind you, most townships are now requiring owners to apply for Conditional Use permits along with the STR permit. I know of some areas that are costing owners over $1,000 just in permit fees. If you want to discuss the area or have any specific questions, I am happy to help.

User Stats

Votes
Renee Lois
Votes |
Replied Apr 25 2024, 16:59

Thanks so much, Heidi! I'd love to connect. We landed on some property in Friendship (Adams) with very little restrictions thank goodness. I'm sure I'll have more questions along the way!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes