John Williams
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 7 2024, 13:52
I'm selling my furniture if you have a home you want furnished for a STR.  2bd 2 ba 1 yr old lightly used great condition from in a luxury vacation rental apartment.  I'm asking 8K/flex and maybe it can be U hauled over to your place from Tucson, AZ.  Emerald Green Velvet Tufted couches and bar stools, etc. 130+ items.  I can send pictures and a list at your request.  It basically has everything you need to run a short term rental.  I have another vacation rental I have been running for 14 years and love it use it myself as a getaway on the non booking dates.

User Stats

Votes
Lisa T.
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 8 2024, 07:31

thank you Angelo

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Andrew C.
  • Investor
  • Forest Hills, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Forest Hills, NY
Replied Apr 9 2024, 11:27

I regret not being able to buy more.  My STRs have outperformed my LTRs.  Never have to deal with evictions/non-payments and it brings in more revenue.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 9 2024, 19:58
Quote from @Angelo Cortez:

I'll weigh in actually a bit. I have a duplex in Sacramento. Losing 1500-2k monthly on it. Yes we are bleeding. The appreciation is probably worth more than the cash flow loss, which I am okay with at this point, but it does hurt to see it bleed. Thinking of selling in 2-3 years if I can't refi at a lower rate. 

Think about how you can maximize profits.  Can you have a r.e. photographer re-shoot the home because pictures are the king pin of someone booking beyond the pricing.  Can you push it high prices during high season trying to maximize occupancy.  Can you change the title, order of photos, edit the listing description, add a bottle of wine and goodies during low season to attract more booking.  Are you making what airdna.co says you can, if not then why?  I did a home mod many years ago and it saved me and my home after having kids beyond vacation renting.  Do you have it listed on all sites? Is your listing healthy meaning no cancellations or rejections of booking on open dates.  Are you on the site daily tweaking the listing? This all helps the algorithm.  What expenses can you slim down?

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Cain Humphrey
  • Investor
  • Kentucky
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kentucky
Replied Apr 12 2024, 14:51

I regret doing rental arbitrage. I wish I would have saved my money a little longer and invested it into an owned property. Something I could have built equity with. Biggest mistake I feel that Ive made so far.