Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Espinal
  • Woodtock, GA
Votes |
Has any body here used PadSplit for their rental properties?

Eddie Espinal
  • Woodtock, GA
Posted Mar 13 2019, 18:17

I'm looking at a duplex opportunity that says "Corporate tenant, PadSplit has a low-risk 2-year master lease that protects your investment and alleviates landlord headaches.", this is the first time I hear about PadSplit and saw that they are here in BP.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/co/padsplit

I'm curious to know how that works and if this is a deal breaker for me?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sincerely,

Eddie Espinal

User Stats

Votes
William Kyle Walker
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jun 13 2019, 13:33

I've met the owner, and my friend has 2 padsplit properties. He said they are killing it compared to regular SFR rentals. You can hit the 2% rule if done right. I'm looking for a property now and plan to use them.

User Stats

Votes
Thuy Pham-Satrappe
  • San Clemente, CA
Votes |
  • San Clemente, CA
Replied Dec 25 2019, 07:59

@William Kyle Walker any updates? I am looking to use them as well

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Thuy Pham-Satrappe
  • San Clemente, CA
Votes |
  • San Clemente, CA
Replied Dec 25 2019, 07:59

@Eddie Espinal any updates? Did you end up buying the duplex?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 7 2020, 16:10

-

User Stats

Votes
Josh Stanton
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Feb 7 2020, 16:16

I am an investor/agent and own 5 and it's my primary investment strategy. I was one of their early adopters. I'm also a REALTOR who focuses on PadSplit primarily with many clients building portfolios of these high cash-flowing properties. They are mainly in the Metro ATL are but are expanding to Louisville and Houston.

I am very happy with the performance of my portfolio - all my properties are between a 10-13% cap rate.

H. Josh Stanton

REALTOR, Investor

KW Realty Metro ATL

User Stats

Votes
Rodney Reeves
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 22 2020, 18:29

@Eddie Espinal I'm curious as well to hear about your experience with PadSplit if you decided to use them.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 26 2020, 18:17

@Josh Stanton Hello! I’m wondering if you are still happy with pad split? It seems like an important service & a win/win for tenants/owners. 🤔🤔 I’m assuming it can be done OOS? I’m mostly interested in Houston. 

Nicole Higginbotham 

Investor. Anaheim, CA

User Stats

Votes
Riaz Salehbhai
  • atlanta, ga
Votes |
  • atlanta, ga
Replied Jan 6 2021, 09:53

@Josh Stanton

Great post. Thanks for info. I have me the team as well and they are great. I think it’s a very cool investment. Would love to chat on finding properties for my personal investments. That’s where I think I have a gap - finding the right property to convert to a Padsplit.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 30 2021, 22:59

Any update on padsplit experiences??? I am thinking of using them.

User Stats

Votes
David Edwards
Pro Member
  • Houston, Tx
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Houston, Tx
Replied Aug 1 2022, 15:20

PadSplit host in Houston here, I was actually the first Houston host with my first property going live in April of 2021. 

I have 3 homes up on Platform and manage another 2 homes. The homes I own total to 24 bedrooms, 8 bedrooms per home (1 master and 7 shared bath bedrooms). The ones I manage total to 20 bedrooms.

These rooms rent for between $125 to $225 per week depending on room size and amenities in the room (beyond basic amenities may include: Desk, Tv, private entry, tenant controlled AC, additional storage).

This month after padsplit takes their 14.25% cut of the revenue I am recieving, from the units I own, $15,230 from 3 homes. After all PITI, utility, and services (lawncare and cleaning) costs I have $7,225.

I set aside 25% of this for my maintenance fund.

The remainder funds my lifestyle, wife has a Tesla, and quarterly vacations as well as business growth.

In 2023 I am tracking to build 4 duplex units designed as room rentals funded in part from a recent land sale. With this I will have an additional 8 units bringing in $20k+ in after expenses revenue.

Always happy to talk if you have questions, just reach out.

• 917-482-5894

User Stats

Votes
Josh Stanton
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Feb 24 2023, 12:55

Next Saturday March 4th, I'll be teaching another seminar on everything PadSplit, hosted by Georgia Real Estate Investors Association (GaREIA) at their main office.

For those who are unfamiliar, PadSplit is an affordable housing tech startup that provides a house-sharing service for working people. PadSplit has developed a platform that aligns incentives among residents, property owners, and communities to make affordable housing possible for the private market. It makes rapidly growing affordable housing possible by making it profitable. PadSplit is rapidly growing and now is in over 9 metro areas around the country. Growing at this breakneck pace, the startup could potentially rival AirBnB as a revolution in real estate. Leveraging PadSplit as an investment strategy now could yield profits on a similar scale to the windfalls earned by early adopters of AirBnb.

I've been working with and investing on the PadSplit platform since 2017. It is my primary investing strategy and a big focus of mine as an agent. I will use these years of experience to provide an introduction to investing in PadSplits. This class will include hands-on deal analysis and a tour with a contractor to learn how to convert a home to the optimal PadSplit setup. I'll also teach you what I know about identifying the ideal property for PadSplit, refinancing, as well as strategies for flipping homes into turnkey PadSplits that command a premium on the market.

Please forward this to any folks in your network who you think may be a good fit for this class!

Key Info:

Topics:

• PadSplit and Coliving
  • Finding and Setting Up PadSplits
  • Analyzing Deals
  • Appraisals, Financing, and Refinancing
  • Property Management
  • "Flipping" PadSplits
  • And More!

User Stats

Votes
Will Fraser
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Replied Feb 24 2023, 13:32

Why is padsplit showing up 4-5x in a row in the forums all posted by different posters?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Crunkilton
  • Oregon City, OR
Votes |
  • Oregon City, OR
Replied Feb 24 2023, 14:01
I have not, but I have used other turnkey providers with great results. Definitely check out multiple options!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 28 2023, 20:14
 I have one padsplit with 5 bedroom (this was a rental) and am converting my home into an 8 bedroom padsplit. But have been thinking about actually building a house as a padsplit, which would maximize bedrooms and roi. So when I saw your building for the padsplit purpose I had to reach out! Curious as to what the layout you chose and how the building experience and whether it was worth it! numbers wise vs converting a house into a padsplit. I live in Tampa FL and housing prices are ridiculously expensive and from a basic research I’m pretty sure I could build cheaper.

Would love to connect and hear your thoughts!

Quote from @David Edwards:

PadSplit host in Houston here, I was actually the first Houston host with my first property going live in April of 2021. 

I have 3 homes up on Platform and manage another 2 homes. The homes I own total to 24 bedrooms, 8 bedrooms per home (1 master and 7 shared bath bedrooms). The ones I manage total to 20 bedrooms.

These rooms rent for between $125 to $225 per week depending on room size and amenities in the room (beyond basic amenities may include: Desk, Tv, private entry, tenant controlled AC, additional storage).

This month after padsplit takes their 14.25% cut of the revenue I am recieving, from the units I own, $15,230 from 3 homes. After all PITI, utility, and services (lawncare and cleaning) costs I have $7,225.

I set aside 25% of this for my maintenance fund.

The remainder funds my lifestyle, wife has a Tesla, and quarterly vacations as well as business growth.

In 2023 I am tracking to build 4 duplex units designed as room rentals funded in part from a recent land sale. With this I will have an additional 8 units bringing in $20k+ in after expenses revenue.

Always happy to talk if you have questions, just reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 14 2023, 05:26

They rent dumps. You will get a bad reputation because they already have lawsuits.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 15 2023, 06:04

David Edwards definitely would like to connect! I have 2 padsplits and would love to build a Fourplex! I’m in Tampa FL

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 15 2023, 06:05
Quote from @Katherine Policy:

They rent dumps. You will get a bad reputation because they already have lawsuits.

Hey Katherine, have had amazing experience with them, just finished my second padsplit and it’s really nice! Both of mine have pools and for this reason rent better with better people. Was not aware of any lawsuits. Can you share? 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Fox
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • NV and CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • NV and CA
Replied May 4 2024, 18:30

@Issa Santos- I found 8 lawsuits they've been in, but I don't know of the details.  They're in GA, FL, and TX.  Of course just being sued isn't proof of anything.