• St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
Investing in the Plant City, FL area

Joey Keske
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Posted Apr 15 2024, 08:16

I am searching into the Plant City, FL area and actually going down to see a place this week. My wife and I will be moving to the Tampa area this upcoming summer. I am curious if anyone on here has experience investing in the Plant City area? We love that it has a "country vibe" with a more rural feel, but also has the potential for a population boom in the coming years with improvements coming to the town. Also want to be sure that it is a town that is safe for families and younger couples since we would be house hacking and having tenants living beside us. Does anyone here have experience with this? I appreciate the help!

User Stats

Votes
Doug Smith
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 15 2024, 08:44

We've done a lot in Plant City...both personally and financing flips/construction/rentals for customers. We're actually closing on one close to Plant City on Friday. It's safe and is in a great location. It all comes down to math. We've tweaked our model over the past 15 years and we're simply not willing to overpay like a lot of people, but if you find a deal where the numbers truly make sense, I think Plant City is a great place to invest. By the way, I've lived in the Tampa area for 26 years and, for the past 23 years, I've lived in the Brandon area near Plant City. I know the area well.