• Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Looking to network!

Dennis Medina
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Apr 25 2024, 10:40

Hey fellow real estate investors,

I'm Dennis, and I'm on the lookout for like-minded individuals who are exploring creative strategies here Raleigh NC.

One experience that truly shaped my journey was navigating a challenging pre-foreclosure purchase. It was a journey filled with obstacles, tests of patience, and invaluable lessons learned along the way. But through determination and perseverance, I overcame those hurdles and emerged stronger and wiser than before.

Now, I'm eager to connect with fellow investors who think outside the box. Let's partner up, share our experiences – the highs and the lows – and learn from each other's journeys. By collaborating and supporting one another, we can maximize our success and make a lasting impact in this thriving market.

I'm here and eager to hear from you. Let's come together, navigate the challenges, and celebrate the victories as we pave the way for success in Raleigh's real estate scene! So, if you're in Raleigh or nearby areas, I'd love to connect!

Looking forward to connecting with you soon!

User Stats

Votes
Preston Dean
  • Realtor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Apr 25 2024, 11:53

Hi @Dennis Medina

Two tips for you

Tip1

One thing to remember when you are getting into RE investing is to have your team of people or as Brandon Turner from the Bigger Pockets Podcast calls it your CORE 4

1. Your contractor

2. Your deal finder (agent/wholesaler)

3. Your property manager

4. Your Lender

My suggestion to find #2 & #4 would be to go to the top of this page and click on FIND AN AGENT & FIND A LENDER. There you will be asked your criteria and then after answering a few questions you will be matched with 3-5 agents or loan officers in your area. My suggestion would be to select someone with the most forum posts or most reviews. That way you know they are active in the BP community!

Tip2

This website is a good starting point for figuring out areas for in-state and out of state investors. Type in the address and use my classification for each score. It takes in account just about everything to give you a livability score.https://www.areavibes.com/

Here is my rating & classification for each livability score.

80 and above A+
78/79 A
76/77 A-
74/75 B+
72/73 B
70/71 B-
68/69 C+
66/67 C
64/65 C-
60/63 D
59 and below F

User Stats

Votes
Dennis Medina
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Apr 25 2024, 12:59

Hi Preston,

Thanks a bunch for sharing these valuable tips! Building a strong team is definitely key in real estate investing, and I appreciate the breakdown of the CORE 4. Also, that website looks like a gem for evaluating potential investment areas. Can’t wait to dive in and explore!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Avery Heilbron
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Raleigh-Durham, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Raleigh-Durham, NC
Replied Apr 25 2024, 16:32

Hi @Dennis Medina! I am in the Raleigh-Durham area as well! There are some great local meetups in both Raleigh and Durham each month where you can meet some great like minded folks

User Stats

Votes
Cory J Thornton
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Apr 25 2024, 18:45

@Dennis Medina - I love the creativity of real estate! Well done coming through the PR foreclosure purchase process! I would love to learn more about that experience.  

There are some great ways to get connected in our community. 

1) there is a monthly BP Meet up in Raleigh. You should be able to find it by filtering by events and Raleigh in the forum drop down. 

2) There is a pints and property meet up every month ... it can be found the same way at the BP Meet up info. 

3) Triangle Real Estate Investor Association is another great way to be in a room filled with like minded people. They have 6-8 in person events, every month. 

If you plan to attend any of the above, reach out and there is a good chance that we can link up at the event. I'm also always looking for an excuse to drink more coffee and talk more real estate. 

Best of luck on your real estate learning and investing journey!